I finally found a way to make my chicken fingers crispy! I try not to eat fried foods but I love fried chicken and chicken fingers and chicken nuggets! Everytime I try to make 'oven fried chicken' with regular bread crumbs or corn flakes or potato chips, it always ends up soggy. Well.. I finally tried Panko and it is a Godsend! And I've found the sour cream also helps a ton! For dips I use Blue Cheese and also mixed the Buffalo sauce with some honey and it turned out great. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Put Panko in a bowl or pan (something you can fit the chicken into when dipping).
- 3Put the chicken into a gallon size zip lock bag.
- 4Toss in the paprika, cayenne, salt and Red Hot Buffalo sauce (just enough to coat the chicken).
- 5Seal the bag and smoosh the chicken around to coat evenly.
- 6Add the flour to the bag.
- 7Seal the bag again and shake to coat.
- 8Crack eggs into bowl, and whisk.
- 9Add sour cream. (start with 1/2 cup and add to make thicker).
- 10Beat well to incorporate. It will be thick.
- 11Grab your seasoned chicken, dish of breadcrumbs, bowl of batter, and lined sheet pan.
- 12Take a piece of chicken and shake it to knock off excess flour.
- 13Dip it into the batter to coat it on all sides.
- 14Drop the battered chicken into the breadcrumbs and turn it over a few times to coat the chicken.
- 15Place on sheet.
- 16Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the breading is lightly browned. Your final cooking time will vary depending on how thick your chicken tenders are.
- 17*I served with blue cheese dressing, more Buffalo sauce, and even some honey. YUMMY.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Oven Fried Buffalo Chicken Strips
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.2
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 180.5 mg
- Sodium 3274.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 36.8 g