Prep 8 mins
Cook 12 mins
You won't believe how crispy, crunchy, fish can be without frying! This is SO good!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fish fillets, I use halibut or 1 1⁄2 lbs cod
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed potato chips
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Put milk in a shallow bowl.
- Combine potato chips, parmesan, and thyme in another shallow dish.
- Dip fish in milk, then coat with potato chip mixture.
- Sprinkle a greased baking dish with the bread crumbs.
- Put fish over crumbs; drizzle with butter.
- Bake, uncovered at 500* for 12 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Wonderful fish recipe! I used cod fillets. Had a little trouble getting the chip mixture to stick so I "pressed" it onto the fish - no problem. Also would omit the thyme in future (but ONLY due to personal preference!). Will definitely make this again - very easy & delicious!
Hubby and I loved this. Easy to make and it came out wonderfully! Will experiment using different types and flavors of chips. Glad I have 2 pieces left so I can follow one reviewer's suggestion to warm leftovers and eat as a sandwich with red onion, etc.
Nice dish with simple ingredients and easy preparation. We used cod and Lay's and served it with baked potatoes and white corn. Thanks for the recipe!