Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Chicken cutlets in seasoned breading, oven "fried" to a light crispiness.
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 4 oz portions
- 59.14 ml low-fat mayonnaise
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 78.07 ml plain breadcrumbs
- 4.92 ml dried rosemary, crushed
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 0.59 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F Cut off any fat from the chicken pieces and pound with a meat mallet to an even thickness; pat dry.
- Mix mayonnaise with Dijon mustard in a shallow dish. Combine bread crumbs with seasonings and herbs in another shallow dish. Lightly coat baking sheet with cooking spray and preheat in oven for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, coat chicken with mayonnaise mixture, then roll in bread crumbs. Arrange on preheated baking sheet.
- Bake 8 minutes, then turn and bake an additional 8-10 minutes or until and internal temperature of 165°F.
FANTASTIC! Will definitely be using this recipe and technique again. Everyone here enjoyed it from ages 3,5-26! Served with roasted potatoes and steamed broccoli. Thanks for sharing!
Delicious chicken dinner. Wow. First time making this. I did tweek it a little bit. I cut the chicken breast in half length-wise. I didn't have a mallet. I used the end of a chef knife and pound on the meat lightly. I did not have dijon mustard on hand. I put in regular yellow mustard with a splash of soy sauce onto the mayo. Used panko instead of regular bread crumbs. The panko had a nice crunch to it. I dashed in some salt, italian seasoning, rosemary, oregano, garlic powder, black pepper & paprika into the panko. The dipping part was the messy part but no biggie. I made sure all the meat were covered with the mayo & plenty of panko mixure. I placed the meat on a rack over a foiled baking pan (with non-stick oil sprayed on prior). Baked in the oven for exactly 25 minutes at 400 degrees. Flipped the chicken over a couple times while baking. It came out crispy on the outside & moist on the inside. My husband loved it! He kept saying "mmm...mmm...mmm" the whole time. Haha. Made me proud of my cooking when he loves it. Delicious. I will make this dish again & again. Thanks for the recipe!!
Tried it and enjoyed it very much,came out crispy and tender.Added just a touch of soya sauce.Very nice.