Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I really wanted to make Ellie Krieger's oven-baked chicken, but I realized I lacked most of the ingredients; this is what I came up with!
- 283.49 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 78.07 ml nonfat plain yogurt
- 29.58 ml 1% low-fat milk
- cooking spray
- 295.73 ml all-bran cereal
- 7.39 ml caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1.23 ml salt (approximately)
- black pepper, about a dash
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the chicken into finger-like strips. Mix the milk and yogurt together until smooth. Add the chicken to the "buttermilk" mixture and refrigerate for about 10-15 minutes, or until your oven is heated and the rest of your ingredients are ready.
- Pulse the cereal and seasonings until crumbly. (I left a few chunks of cereal, as I didn't want really fine breadcrumbs.) Put the crumbs onto a plate.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge. Evenly coat the chicken in the crumbs and move to a baking sheet that has been sprayed lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, flip and bake for about another 10 minutes, or until the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.