Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I often cook "Crispy Orange Chicken" for my American friends. It always turned out so good and everyone loved it!
- 7 chicken thighs, with bones and skin
- 1 tablespoon low sodium salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 oranges, zest and juice of them
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- orange, sliced, for garnish
- fresh parsley or fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Rub chicken thighs with sea salt and black pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine orange zest, orange juice, white sugar, corn starch and water and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over a little higher than medium heat. Pan-fry chicken thighs without oil (skin side down first) until both sides become golden brown, about 7-10 minutes each side. Turn off heat.
- Transfer chicken thighs to a roasting rack. Bake for about 20 minutes or until center reaches 165°F.
- Keep about 1 tablespoon oil in skillet. Turn on heat over medium high. Stir in orange mixture and boil until thick.
- Pour orange mixture over chicken thighs.
- Use sliced orange, parsley (or cilantro) for garnish.
- Serve immediately.