Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This sweet and spicy Asian fusion dish is sure to please!
- 907.18 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 7.39 ml sea salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml flour
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 236.59 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 7.39 ml grated orange zest
- 236.59 ml orange juice
- 118.29 ml hoisin sauce
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 59.14 ml sugar
- cut the chicken into 2 inch pieces.
- add egg, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and mix well.
- stir flour and cornstarch together.
- add chicken to flour mixture and coat each piece well.
- pour oil into skillet and heat to 375 degrees.
- add chicken pieces in batches and fry about four minutes.
- remove chicken and drain on paper towels.
- allow oil to cool and remove all but two tablespoons oil.
- saute garlic for one minute.
- add remaining ingriedients and bring to a boil.
- cook three minutes.
- reduce heat and simmer til thickened.
- toss glaze over chicken.
- serve with rice.