This sweet and spicy Asian fusion dish is sure to please!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1cut the chicken into 2 inch pieces.
- 2add egg, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and mix well.
- 3stir flour and cornstarch together.
- 4add chicken to flour mixture and coat each piece well.
- 5pour oil into skillet and heat to 375 degrees.
- 6add chicken pieces in batches and fry about four minutes.
- 7remove chicken and drain on paper towels.
- 8allow oil to cool and remove all but two tablespoons oil.
- 9saute garlic for one minute.
- 10add remaining ingriedients and bring to a boil.
- 11cook three minutes.
- 12reduce heat and simmer til thickened.
- 13toss glaze over chicken.
- 14serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Orange Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (441 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1058.8
- Calories from Fat 598
- Total Fat 66.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 192.7 mg
- Sodium 1671.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 26.5 g
- Protein 54.5 g