Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This sweet and spicy Asian fusion dish is sure to please!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- cut the chicken into 2 inch pieces.
- add egg, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and mix well.
- stir flour and cornstarch together.
- add chicken to flour mixture and coat each piece well.
- pour oil into skillet and heat to 375 degrees.
- add chicken pieces in batches and fry about four minutes.
- remove chicken and drain on paper towels.
- allow oil to cool and remove all but two tablespoons oil.
- saute garlic for one minute.
- add remaining ingriedients and bring to a boil.
- cook three minutes.
- reduce heat and simmer til thickened.
- toss glaze over chicken.
- serve with rice.