1 hr 30 mins
Diane Rossen Worthington
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 59.14 ml fresh orange juice
- 1 orange, zest of, cut into strips
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml minced fresh ginger
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1In a small bowl, combine the marinade ingredients; stir to blend.
- 2Taste and adjust seasonings.
- 3Put the chicken in a big bowl; starting around the main body cavity, carefully slip your hand under the skin, making sure not to break it ( you may need to use gloves if you have long fingernails).
- 4Pat the marinade under the skin, than all over the bird on top of the skin.
- 5Cover the chicken and refrigerate for at least a few minutes or up to 8 hours (you can also do this in a zip-lock plastic bag).
- 6Preheat the oven to 425°; place the orange slices in the cavity of the chicken.
- 7Put the chicken, breast-side up, in a roasting pan on a rack or on a vertical roaster.
- 8Add the water to the pan.
- 9Roast the chicken for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the juices run clear when a thigh is pierced with a knife (halfway through cooking, add a little more water if needed to keep the juices from burning).
- 10Let the chicken rest 10 minutes before carving.
- 11Carve the chicken and arrange on a serving platter.
- 12Place the orange slices in the pan with the juices and cook over med-high heat until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes; pour the juice over the chicken and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Orange Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (548 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 887.4
- Calories from Fat 539
- Total Fat 59.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 297.9 mg
- Sodium 548.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 74.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of