Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 3 teaspoons ginger
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 broccoli, florets- steamed
- 2 cups oil (for frying)
- 1. Dry beef strips out on paper towels for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- 2. Mix together sugar, vinegar, orange juice concentrate, salt and soy sauce and set aside.
- 3. Combine rice and water in medium sauce pan. Bring to boil then allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
- 4. Heat oil in wok. Toss beef in constarch. Fry in oil in small batches until crispy and golden brown. Drain all oil except 1 tablespoons.
- 5. Add orange zest, ginger and garlic to remaining oil. Add soy sauce mixture to the wok, bring to a boil and cook until think.
- 6. Add beef and stir to coat.
- 7. Serve with brocolli and rice.