1/1 Photo of Crispy Open-Faced Quesadillas
A quick and yummy recipe straight from Melissa d'Arabian Show: Ten Dollar Dinners, Episode: Football Fiesta
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large flour tortillas (10-inch)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (or 1 teaspoon dried parsley) or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried parsley)
- 1Preheat the broiler.
- 2Brush the tortillas on both sides with oil and lightly salt.
- 3Heat a large saute pan over medium heat and cook the tortillas, 1 at a time, until slightly golden on both sides.
- 4Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the sour cream, lime zest and juice, cumin, and salt and pepper, to taste, until smooth. Pour into a plastic squeeze bottle or sturdy resealable plastic bag and cut small tip in corner.
- 5Arrange the browned tortillas on a baking sheet and sprinkle evenly with cheese. (You may need to do this in batches if both tortillas don't fit on 1 tray.).
- 6Broil until the cheese bubbles and begins to brown, about for 1 to 2 minutes, being careful not to burn.
- 7Slice each quesadilla into 8 wedges and drizzle sour cream decoratively over the top.
- 8Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Open-Faced Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (552 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.8
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 1.8 mg
- Sodium 93.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 1.3 g