Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I had this at a friends house a few years back. I had to take the recipe with me! Stacey
- 1 French baguette, about 8 oz
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese or 1⁄2 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- parsley flakes
- Split bread in half lengthwise.
- Pull out some of the bread from the center of each half, leaving a 1/2-inch shell.
- Beat cheeses and herbs with fork.
- Spread mixture along length of both bread halves.
- Place a thin layer of pizza sauce over the cheese mixture.
- Add the onions.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan.
- Bake on a baking sheet at 400°F for 30 minutes, or until onion is tender, but the crust is dark.
- Sprinkle with dried parsley flakes, if desired.
- Cut crosswise into narrow strips and serve.