Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Published in Quick and Simple...although I have not tried this, it sure looks yummy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats or 1 1⁄2 cups old fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups oven toasted rice cereal
- 12 ounces miniature M&M baking bits
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease 2 large cookie sheets. In a large bowl with mixer at low speed, beat oats, coconut, flour, brown sugar, shortening, salt, baking soda and powder and eggs until blended, occasionally scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in cereal and mini M&M's. Drop dough by heaping tablespoons, about 2 inches apart, onto cookie sheets. Flatten cookies into two inch rounds with your hand.
- Bake 12 to 12 minutes or until golden, rotating sheets between upper and lower racks half way through baking time. Let cookies cool slightly on sheet, then remove to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.