1/1 Photo of Crispy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (Michael Smith)
Another recipe from one of my favourite Canadian chefs, Michael Smith. He likes to rely on the senses and intuition instead of following a recipe. BUT this recipe the way it is written, is terrific! I'm sure that these would be less crispy if cooked for less time, but they are perfect the way they are. The molasses and vanilla add the best flavour! These have a nice light crunch, perfect for dipping in a glass of cold milk. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- 2Cream the butter, sugar and molasses together in a stand mixer. Beat until well combined and ‘creamy’. If you don’t have a stand mixer beat vigorously by hand in a large mixing bowl. Add the egg and vanilla to the butter mixture and continue beating until well combined.
- 3Meanwhile whisk the flour, oats, salt, baking powder and salt together in a separate bowl.
- 4Gradually add the flour mix to the wet mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- 5Using a tablespoon scoop out a ball of the dough and drop onto a lightly greased cookie tray. Flatten slightly. Repeat, leaving lots of room in between the balls for the cookies to expand. Bake for fifteen minutes. Cool for ten minutes then remove from the tray and try to eat only one!
Browse Our Top Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies (Michael Smith)
Serving Size: 1 (854 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.7
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 11.9 mg
- Sodium 67.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 1.4 g