Recipe by JMigs;0)
Haven't tried this recipe yet, but would like to find out the nutrition facts thru Zaar... From The Silver Palate's Thick & Rich Oatmeal box. (Whole grain milled oats, thicker texture and richer flavor than regular oatmeal)
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
These are fantastic! I've never mixed cookie ingredients up in this order before. It seemed wrong not to cream the butter and sugar , add the egg and then add the dry ingredients, but for whatever reason this method, or at least I think it was the method created a cookie that was crispy, but not tough or hard , and slightly chewy on the inside. The hardest part for me was to leave them in the oven until they were brown on top. I used sliced almonds for the nuts and would do so again. We really enjoy these. Thanks for sharing the keeper recipe!
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts or 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal, Thick & Rough Oatmeal
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- Stir in brown sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla extract. (throughly mix after each addition).
- Mix in nuts, raisins, and oatmeal.
- Shape dough into 1" balls. Dip tops into sugar.
- Place 3" apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until tops are browned.