NRG Tribe's Note:
Soaking nuts and then dehydrating helps eliminate phytic acid and enzyme inhibitors while preserving the enzymes. From Nourishing Traditions.
My Private Note
- 1Combine nuts and sea salt in water to cover.
- 2Let soak in a warm place for 7 hours.
- 3Drain and spread in a single layer on pans and dry in an oven or food dehydrator at less than 150 F for 12-24 hours. .
- 4Store in air tight containers at room temperature, except for walnuts which need to be refrigerated due to their omega 3 fat content.
Browse Our Top High Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All High Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Nuts - Almonds, Pecans, Walnuts, Macadamia, Peanuts
Serving Size: 1 (566 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 813.7
- Calories from Fat 634
- Total Fat 70.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2660.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 23.7 g