Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
These noodles swell up like nobody's business! A great side dish for any oriental meal.
- 250 ml vegetable oil
- 100 g ready-made rice noodles
- Heat the oil in a deep heavy-bottomed saucepan until a breadcrumb sizzles and turns brown when dropped into it.
- Add the rice noodles to the oil - They will puff up immediately, so be ready!
- After a few seconds, carefully remove the cooked noodles from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain onto kitchen paper.
- Serve warm in a large bowl.
my friend growning up was thai and we had these all the time as a side to lunchies they are really good at it is alot of fun to see them puff up...thanks for a grand memorey of my youth