Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
from a friend's recipe collection
- 16 mushrooms, no stems
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 egg, hard-cooked & diced
- 1 tablespoon tarragon, freshly chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1⁄4 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- salt & pepper
- Dip each mushroom in beaten egg then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Sit mushrooms on a lightly greased baking sheet for 20 minutes on 425.
- Beat cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth, then beat in diced egg, tarragon, bell pepper, and garlic until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve mushrooms with dipping sauce.