Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
If you prefer the cookie soft and chewy then use granulated white sugar in place of icing sugar.
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, plus
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon maple extract (or use 2 teaspoons vanilla extract)
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1⁄2 cup pecans (optional) or 1⁄2 cup peanuts (optional)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet/s.
- In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and kosher salt.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer Beat in powdered sugar, dark brown sugar, butter and maple or vanilla extract until well blended.
- add in peanut butter and oil; mix until well combined.
- Add in flour mixture and mix just until blended.
- Stir in milk chocolate chips and nuts (if using).
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheet, spacing about 1-1/2-inches apart.
- Bake for about 12 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
- Transfer the cookies to rack to cool completely.