Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A twist on oven roasted potatoes.
- 3 turnips, peeled and cubed
- 3 russet potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Toss turnips, potatoes and garlic with olive oil until coated and season with rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Scatter vegetables in a single layer on a rimmed cookie sheet and bake about 30 minutes to 1 hour, or until browned yet tender inside. Turn the vegetables occasionally with a spatula or by shaking the pan.
I needed a way to use some turnips (I'm more familiar with their greens than the root vegetable itself), and loved how easy and tasty this was. The seasonings are spot-on. I know I'll make this or variations on this again! Thanks!
This was delicious, and it's such a great way to spruce up plain potatoes. I made it exactly as stated in the directions, and I will make it again without hesitation. But I think this is one of those recipes that also offers the potential for variety, perhaps adding other vegetables like baby carrots as one reviewer did. But the seasonings were perfect as written, and I won't change that. Thanks, Brenda. We've found a new favorite dish. Made in memory of Janice.
Lovely combination of veggies. I cut the recipe back to 2 servings, Used new white potatoes and a white turnip. The color contast would have been nicer with the yellow turnip called for in the recipe but the flavor was all there. I cut the oil back to 1 tbsp (half recipe). Took 35 minutes Thanks for the recipe Nick's Mom I hadn't realized that I had already tried and enjoyed this recipe but loved making it again! I threw in some baby carrots from the garden and they went well with the turnips & taters. I used white turnip again (from the garden) Enjoyed the second time around too!