Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Deliciously different. Topped with french fried onions for that lovely onion crunch and flavor. If you aren't a fan of mushroom soup use cream of celery.
- 3 cups hot cooked macaroni
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions (Durkee)
- Mix soup, milk, mustard, pepper, pasta and 1-1/2 cups of the shredded cheddar cheese in a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Bake 350' for 45 minutes or until hot.
- Stir, sprinkle with the french fried onions and remainder 1/2 cup cheese. Bake for 5 more minutes or until onions are golden brown.
I have made this in the past and thought it to be delicous.
One of my favs
Definitely different, and worth having again. I used cream of celery. I would however recommend using the lower sodium soups. I also think the dish would have had a better flavor is some parmesan cheese or the like were mixed in, to give it just a tad more 'bite'. Maybe some cayenne pepper as well. I think it's the onions on top that make it worth trying again!