Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. These delightful bite-size cups will be the star of the meal, featuring creamy homestyle Simply Macaroni and Cheese, pancetta, and a crispy topping of panko bread crumbs and fresh herbs. They make a wonderful appetizer or side dish.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease or spray a 24-cup size mini-muffin pan.
- Cook pancetta slowly in a large pan over medium heat. Turn slices frequently until crispy, about 10 minutes. Drain on paper towels and crumble.
- Add crumbled pancetta to the macaroni and cheese and stir well.
- Spoon macaroni and cheese mixture into mini-muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix bread crumbs and chives. Sprinkle on top of each cup.
- Cut each grape tomato into 3 slices crosswise. Garnish each cup with one tomato slice, pressing it down gently.
- Bake in oven until bread crumb topping is light golden brown, about 18-20 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes. Using a butter knife, run the edge around the cups to lift out.