Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I made 2 of these the first time I tried this. It was to take to a dessert auction at church. This went for $19. Not bad! Easy, healthy, and tasty. From a Weight Watchers 2001 Cookbook. As written, when cut into 6 pieces, each piece is 3 WW points.
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter (I used chunky though it called for creamy)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 cups oven toasted rice cereal (like Rice Krispies)
- 1 (1 ounce) packagefat free sugar-free fat-free butterscotch pudding
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 1 cup fat-free whipped topping (defrosted)
- Mix the peanut butter and honey together in a medium sized bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds on high until melted. Mix well.
- Add the cereal and coat well. Pat it into an 8 inch round cake pan or pie pan.
- Mix the pudding and the skim milk for 2 minutes. (Or do what the package says.).
- Fold in the whipped topping.
- Put the butterscotch mixture on top of the crust.
- Let it sit out for 10 or so minutes before you cut it.
- Top with extra whipped topping if desired.
Easy to make, better with choc pudding.
I'm sorry but this was just awful. I made 2 of these. One with butterscotch and one with chocolate. The crisped rice "crust" was soggy and chewy......and unless you thawed the pie completely out, it tasted like crunchy icy pudding. My kids didn't even like it and they usually eat just about anything if it's sweet. Gonna have to give this one a thumbs down for me.
I wanted to like this more than I did. Good, but the top layer was too much like a flavored ice for my tastes....