Recipe by SGpratt
Found on the back of a Florida Crystals Cane Sugar package, I am posting this to try at a later date. Any input is welcome! NOTE: the prep time includes freezing the dough.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar or 1 cup icing sugar
- 1⁄8 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 grated lemon, zest of
- 1 drop yellow food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add the flour, sour cream, baking soda and lemon extract. Blend until smooth.
- Divide dough in half and place each half on a piece of wax paper.
- Roll each section into a 2-inch log and freeze until firm.
- Remove 1 log at a time and slice dough into 1/8 inch slices.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake until edges are golden brown (8-12 minutes, depending on your oven).
- Cool one minute and then remove to cooling rack to cool completely.
- For icing:.
- Mix all ingredients until smooth.
- Drizzle over cookies.
- Let icing dry before storing.