Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I make the cookies with this good recipe that maybe you would like to try:
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Bring lemon juice to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat; cook until reduced by half.
- Add in 1/2 cup butter and stir until melted.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- Cream remaining butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and lemon butter.
- Mix until pale, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Add in flour and mix well.
- Form 1-1/2" balls and drop them onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until lightly browned, 12-15 minutes.
- Cool on rack and store in airtight container, (if they last that long!).
The lemon flavor was nice, but these never got crispy for me. They spread out quite a bit, but remained soft in the middle, even after the edges had browned. I liked the idea of using reduced lemon juice instead of lemon extract--I'll use that again on a different recipe.