Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was a recipe I adopted. I haven't tried it yet because I didn't really know how it would turn out. But...don't be scared to be the first. Please feel free to make any suggestions so I can alter anything if need be. I'll eventually get around to making it myself, maybe for a church dinner.
- 6 ounces unsweetened applesauce
- 6 ounces self-rising flour (1 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 4 ounces granulated sugar
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated
- Warm apple sauce, then beat in brown sugar (you may not need as much as 6 oz).
- Add sifted flour, then well beaten eggs.
- Pour into a shallow greased and floured tin (about 7 inches x 11 in) and bake near the bottom of a moderate oven (350 F, Mark 4) for 20-30 minute.
- Meanwhile mix white sugar and lemon juice and pour over the top of the cooked cake while still hot and in the tin.
- Leave to cool, then cut into fingers.