Chef Tristin's Note:
This is an easy recipe. The chicken is extra crispy with out being greasy and the sauce is excellent.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb chicken tenders, cut into bit size pieces
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 -3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 2 cups cooked rice, hot
- 1Coat chicken with beaten egg, shake off excess, then coat in panko.
- 2Heat oil over med heat in wok and fry chicken pieces until cooked turning once, about 3 minutes per side.
- 3Place fried chicken on a cookie sheet and put into oven set on warm.
- 4Remove oil from wok and wipe clean with a paper towel.
- 5Turn heat to med and add onions, garlic, ginger, and crushed red peppers. Stir fry until fragrant, about 3 minutes
- 6Dissolve cornstarch in water.
- 7Turn heat to med low and add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sugar, and cornstarch slurry to the wok. Stir until the sauce thickens, about 2 minutes
- 8Remove from heat and add the peanuts to the sauce.
- 9Remove chicken from oven and place on serving dish.
- 10Coat chicken with kung pao sauce.
- 11Serve with hot cooked rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Kung Pao Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (518 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 956.4
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 171.5 mg
- Sodium 3837.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 124.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 19.9 g
- Protein 56.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar