Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an easy recipe. The chicken is extra crispy with out being greasy and the sauce is excellent.
- 1⁄2 lb chicken tenders, cut into bit size pieces
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 -3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 2 cups cooked rice, hot
- Coat chicken with beaten egg, shake off excess, then coat in panko.
- Heat oil over med heat in wok and fry chicken pieces until cooked turning once, about 3 minutes per side.
- Place fried chicken on a cookie sheet and put into oven set on warm.
- Remove oil from wok and wipe clean with a paper towel.
- Turn heat to med and add onions, garlic, ginger, and crushed red peppers. Stir fry until fragrant, about 3 minutes
- Dissolve cornstarch in water.
- Turn heat to med low and add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sugar, and cornstarch slurry to the wok. Stir until the sauce thickens, about 2 minutes
- Remove from heat and add the peanuts to the sauce.
- Remove chicken from oven and place on serving dish.
- Coat chicken with kung pao sauce.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.