Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an easy recipe. The chicken is extra crispy with out being greasy and the sauce is excellent.
- 1⁄2 lb chicken tenders, cut into bit size pieces
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 -3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 2 cups cooked rice, hot
- Coat chicken with beaten egg, shake off excess, then coat in panko.
- Heat oil over med heat in wok and fry chicken pieces until cooked turning once, about 3 minutes per side.
- Place fried chicken on a cookie sheet and put into oven set on warm.
- Remove oil from wok and wipe clean with a paper towel.
- Turn heat to med and add onions, garlic, ginger, and crushed red peppers. Stir fry until fragrant, about 3 minutes
- Dissolve cornstarch in water.
- Turn heat to med low and add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sugar, and cornstarch slurry to the wok. Stir until the sauce thickens, about 2 minutes
- Remove from heat and add the peanuts to the sauce.
- Remove chicken from oven and place on serving dish.
- Coat chicken with kung pao sauce.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.