Recipe by LifewayRecipes
- 1 lb kale
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup lifeway low-fat plain kefir
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Wash kale and remove the stems. Rip clean kale into bite-sized pieces and dry thoroughly.
- Gently massage kale with vinegar and oil (try not to crush it) and place in a single layer on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with salt - go easy on the salt, you can always add more after baking.
- Place the kale in the oven, and prop the door open - bake for 10 minutes, and check on the progress. Rotate sheets if necessary.
- Keep baking in 10 minute increments until the kale is dry and crispy, approximately 20-30 minutes.
- To make the dip, mix all of the dip ingredients (kefir, mayonnaise, dill, parsley, garlic salt, onion, salt, black pepper) together in a bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- *If you don’t mind a thinner dip, omit the mayo and use a full cup of kefir.