Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I LOVE Houston's Honey Mustard and wanted to find a way to use it with chicken besides just dipping it. I used tenders for this recipe but will work with breasts, thighs, etc.
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 3⁄4 cups honey mustard dressing
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat over to 425 degrees.
- Place flour in a shallow bowl, dressing in a second, and combine remaining ingredients in a third shallow bowl.
- Rinse and dry chicken tenders.
- Dredge in flour, honey mustard and completely coat in crumb mixture.
- Place on broiler pan.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until juices run clear.
Deliciously moist and tender healthy chicken fingers. Loved the ease of not having to deep fry them. Made for Partying The Diabetic Way 2009.
I used about 900 grams of chicken breast meat but and got 21 strips of meat but only cooked 12 of them as that was enough for us (and even gave the DS a sandwich or lunch the following day) the other nine I will vac seal for later use. I cooked at 200C fan forced for 30 minutes for what was a very moist chicken but not as crispy as we would have liked though I did pline the tray with baking/parchement paper in the tray and turned the chicken half way through the cooking process and gave a light spray with oil before starting the cooking process.. Thank you AZPARZYCH, made for ZAAR Stars tag game.
It came out great :) although I used frozen chicken tenderloin strips washed them, abd put then
The flour first, then the dressing then Italian bread crumbs. I omitted th seasons since it already had seasonings. It was wonderful!