Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Crispy wings with a sticky honey-pepper glaze.
Make and share this Crispy Honey Garlic Chicken Wings recipe from Food.com.
Honey Garlic Sauce
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 236.59 ml honey
- 59.14 ml soya sauce
- 4.92 ml fresh ground black pepper
Flour Coating Mixture
- 473.18 ml flour
- 29.58 ml powdered ginger
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- 14.79 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 59.16 ml cold water
- 1360.77 g chicken wings, trimmed and cut into sections
- vegetable oil
- For the sauce: In a medium sauce pan, cook over medium heat the olive oil and garlic to slightly soften; do not let it brown. Add the honey, soya sauce and black pepper. Continue to cook over medium heat and simmer sauce for 5-10 minutes, watching carefully as it simmers because it can foam up and overflow. Remove from heat and allow to cool thoroughly; set aside.
- The coating: Mix together the 'coating mixture'; set aside.
- The wash: In a seperate bowl, whisk together the slightly beaten eggs and cold water.
- Wash and pat dry the wing sections. Dip the wing pieces into the egg wash and then toss into the flour mixture to evenly coat.
- Drop the coated wings into a preheated 350 degree F deep fryer, filled with vegetable oil.
- Fry until golden brown, about 15-20 min depending on the size of the wing pieces. While still hot out of the oil, toss the wing pieces in a large bowl with some of the honey garlic sauce.
I was craving some wings and did a search for deep fried garlic wings surprising there wasn't that much out there but I'm glad I stumble upon this recipe
And it's amazing tasty came out very crunchy and the sauce is sweet with the hint of garlic
Thanks for sharing this.