Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Nice moist flavorful pork chops
- 1⁄3 cup butter, cubed
- 2⁄3 cup instant mashed potatoes with butter and herbs
- 2⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 pork loin chops
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, melt butter.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the potato flakes, cheese, and garlic powder.
- Dip chops, one at a time, in butter, then place in bag; seal and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chops in oil over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side.
I made this in kind of a rush, and at the last minute realized that this recipe didn't call for any seasoning. Usually I would have considered my options better, but since I was in a rush I made the quick decision to use garlic salt instead of garlic powder. It definitely helped, but the general consensus was that it was still that the actual meat was lacking in flavor. Next go round I'll probably stick to the garlic powder and salt and pepper the actual meat beforehand, oh well.
wow great flavors. I had only plain instant potatoes so I added dry basil and oregano. I cooked them 7 minutes each side. They were thick and boneless. They could have been a little bit more moist. So next time I'll try with only 5 minutes each side. It all depends on the thickness of the pork chops. Thanks morgainegeiser :) Made for the Australian recipe swap for March 2011
This recipe was made on 11/15/10 for our dinner and a few changes were made to the recipe and they are as follows. Since there was just the two of us, only two chops were used. I didn't have the exact potatoes the recipe called for, so I used plain instant potatoes and added about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of Dried Italian Herbs.Other than that change the recipe was made as it was written.For some reason the chops came out a bit on the greasy side. But we both enjoyed the taste moist,juicy, and full of flavor. Thank you for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "