Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
The crispy coating on this chicken makes it flavorful and tender! This was adapted from a Hungry Jack recipe. The original recipe called for dipping the chicken in 1/3 cup margarine instead of spraying it with cooking spray, so feel free to do that instead if you prefer!
- 158.51 ml instant potato flakes
- 78.07 ml grated parmesan cheese or 78.07 ml vegan parmesan cheese
- 9.85 ml parsley flakes
- 3.69-4.92 ml garlic powder
- 1360.77 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Spray a cookie sheet or 9x13-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine potato flakes, Parmesan cheese, parsley flakes and garlic powder; mix well.
- Spray chicken with non-stick cooking spray; roll in potato flake mixture to coat.
- Place in cookie sheet or pan.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear.
I dipped the chicken in a beaten egg instead of spraying it with cooking spray (I also just coated the dish in butter instead of spray). I didn't have garlic powder so I just used seasoning salt. Everyone loved it! I was pretty hesitant to try this because potato flakes don't seem like they should go on chicken, but I wanted to get rid of the half-bag of them that were in the pantry. I can't believe how great it is! This is going to be a regular at our house.
I really enjoyed this recipe, it was easy & something different. I did use 1 teaspoon of Garlic powder and added some Basil, i also used alittle more parmesan (1 Cup) I loved it. :-) Well done Kree
I took under advisement Troop Angel's review about the blandness. I used the full teaspoon of garlic, added 1 teaspoon of onion powder, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. It was great! I will make this again with the added spices. Next time I might add a full teaspoon of black pepper or maybe a pinch of cayenne for a little punch. The flavors of the parmesean cheese combined with the flakes and spices were terrific. By the way I used a spray olive oil and coated both sides of the chicken pieces before breading. The breading stayed well on the pieces.