Recipe by Alex and Andrew's Mimi
I found this recipe on a box of Idaho Spuds Mashed Potato flakes and tried it tonight. Absolutely delicious and as simple as can be. Just a few simple ingredients and voila, chicken fit for a king! I used a 350 degree oven instead of 375 because I fixed some roasted red potatoes at the same time. They both turned out deliciously well.
- 2⁄3 cup idaho spuds mashed potato flakes
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4-1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cut-up frying chicken, skinned
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375. Grease or line with foil and grease 15x10x1-inch baking pan or 13x9- inch pan. In medium bowl, combine potato flakes, Parmesan cheese and garlic salt; stir until well mixed. Dip chicken pieces into margarine; roll in potato flake mixture to coat. Place in greased pan. Bake at 375 for 45-60 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear.
- I used garlic powder instead of salt and boneless, skinless breasts and thighs instead of the entire chicken because that is what I had available.