Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
saw and saved
Make and share this Crispy Herb Baked Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup instant potato flakes
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes, if desired (optional)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 1⁄2 lbs frying chicken, skinned if desired
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- Heat oven to 375. Grease or line with foil and grease 15x10x1-inch baking pan or 13x9-inch pan.
- Combine potato flakes, parmesan cheese, parsley flakes and garlic salt in medium bowl; stir until well mixed. Dip chicken pieces in margarine; roll in potato flake mixture to coat. Place in greased pan.
- Bake at 375. for 45 to 60 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear.
I used chicken breasts only and baked it for about 30 minutes. Neither my husband nor I like the taste and the chicken was overcooked and dry. I think it was the parm cheese flavor we disliked with the chicken.
This was a great dinner! I didn't have instant potato flakes on hand, so I used Italian bread crumbs. It was easy and delicious.
The whole family really liked this crispy flavorful chicken. Be careful not to put in extra garlic salt "for good measure"(as we sometimes do) because it is just right the way it is. Thanks for this new family favorite!