Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Nutritious, as well as delicious.
Make and share this Crispy Healthy Raisin Bran Breakfast Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup wheat bran or 3⁄4 cup oat bran
- 1 cup raisins, chopped fine
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped fine
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1 cup granulated date sugar or 1 cup Splenda granular
- 3 cups whole wheat flour or 3 cups brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup oil
- 1 1⁄8 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat baking sheets with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine bran, raisins, nuts, and cornflakes.
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add bran mixture to flour mixture; mix well.
- Add yogurt, oil, and vanilla; mix well.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons onto cookie sheets.
- They don't spread so you can either drop them close together or flatten them, but however they go in is the same shape they come out.
- Lower oven temperature to 350°F before putting cookies inches.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Take cookies out of oven.
- Turn cookie over and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Turn oven off.
- If cookies aren't crispy yet, return to oven until crispy.