Recipe by Barb G.
A good and healthy treat that kids are sure to like. The recipe comes from KCRAchannel.com. TV.
Top Review by Sharon123
I really enjoyed these crispy healthy bars! I halved the recipe. Loved the crispy crunch! I added chopped figs and dried cherries, and replaced the pumpkin seeds with peanuts. Thanks for a great recipe! I will be putting them in my daughter's lunch!
- 4 cups Rice Krispies
- 4 cups oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup roasted soybeans
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking oil for easy removal (or use the Release foil) In a large bowl, mix together the first 6 (SIX) ingredients.
- In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter.
- Cook over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes until mixture comes to a rolling boil with big bubbles.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour over other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Press and flatten mixture into cookie sheet.
- Let cool, cut into 1 1/2 inch x 3 1/2 inch bars.