Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A good and healthy treat that kids are sure to like. The recipe comes from KCRAchannel.com. TV.
- 4 cups Rice Krispies
- 4 cups oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup roasted soybeans
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking oil for easy removal (or use the Release foil) In a large bowl, mix together the first 6 (SIX) ingredients.
- In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter.
- Cook over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes until mixture comes to a rolling boil with big bubbles.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour over other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Press and flatten mixture into cookie sheet.
- Let cool, cut into 1 1/2 inch x 3 1/2 inch bars.
I really enjoyed these crispy healthy bars! I halved the recipe. Loved the crispy crunch! I added chopped figs and dried cherries, and replaced the pumpkin seeds with peanuts. Thanks for a great recipe! I will be putting them in my daughter's lunch!
These were great. I used craisins instead of raisins and added some coconut. They are great for work - breakfast at the computer. My 6 year old even liked them. I think you could mix and match the nuts quite a bit or even add chocolate chips for something different, or other dried fruit. Thanks for the great recipe.
Another snack that taste good and is good for you. The only thing different that I used was dry roasted peanuts instead of the pumpkin seeds. I'm going to make some for my son's basketball team for that little snack that they need. Thanks for this recipe.