Recipe by Ozzy
This recipe I think came from my Gran, and was hand written on a scrap of paper. I have adjusted some quantities as they weren't written down properly, but this is a really tasty dish! I serve it with hot crusty bread.
Top Review by Sherry in Ga
I boiled a whole chicken and omited the mushrooms. For the crackers, I used Ritz. Melt 1/2 cup butter in skillet and crush the ritz into the butter. Let that get hot and sprinkle onto the casserole, then bake as directed. It turned out great!
- 800 -900 g chicken breast fillets
- 1 (295 g) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 350 g celery, sliced
- 1 small onion, cut into small chunks
- 150 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, cut into small chunks
- 540 g pineapple, pieces small
- 300 g ready salted crackers (2 packets)
- 50 g parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a large shallow dish with a little margarine.
- Cook the chicken in a pan until browned, allow to cool a little then cut into bite size pieces.
- Put the cooked chicken into a large bowl with all of the ingredients APART from the crisps and the cheese.
- Mix together well and spoon the mixture into the shallow dish.
- Slightly crush the crisps to half the original size then sprinkle them along with the cheese onto the chicken mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes.