Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Recipe from my What's Cooking in New England cookbook. The contributor says it is a great potluck recipe - sounds yummy! Would also make a great brunch dish as well.
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 lbs frozen hash brown potatoes
- 10 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup Ritz cracker, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Combine all ingredients; do not thaw the hash browns. Place in a greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Combine ritz crackers with butter and sprinkle over top of mixture. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees. This can be prepared a day in advance and baked the day of serving.
Very good spuds! I made 1/2 the recipe, but topped it with the full amount of cracker crumbs. Was a good amount of cheesey and creamy and the buttery crackers were a great addition. Made for 123Hits.