Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Perk up ham and cheese with mustard, tomato, and a crushed potato chip coating
- 8 slices white bread
- butter, softened
- prepared mustard
- 4 slices ham
- 4 slices American cheese
- 8 slices tomatoes
- 2 slightly beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 dash onion salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups potato chips, crushed
- Spread bread slices with butter.
- Then, spread 4 of the slices with mustard; top each of these with 1 slice ham, 1 slice cheese, 2 slices tomato.
- Sprinkle tomato with a little salt; top with second slice of bread.
- Combine slightly beaten eggs, milk, and onion salt.
- Dip both sides of sandwich in egg mixture, then in crushed potato chips.
- Grill on hot buttered griddle or skillet until golden brown on both sides about 3 or 4 minutes on each side.