These are "fried" green tomatoes for everybody who doesn't want quite that much grease or mess.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Spray casserole dish or cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- 3In a small bowl, mix panko, parmesan, parsley, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 4Slice tomatoes about 1/3 inch thick, and get them slightly wet with water.
- 5Coat tomatoes with panko mixture on each side and place on pan.
- 6Cook 20 minutes on top rack, flipping midway through. Then broil for an additional 30 seconds-1 minute.
- 7Cool slightly before eating.
- 8Recipezaar says you can substitute breadcrumbs for panko. You can do that if necessary, and it will still taste good, but the panko is MUCH crispier. Definitely worth the extra trip to the Asian market if you have one.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Green Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.4
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 9.7 mg
- Sodium 318.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 8.2 g