Recipe from www.TopSecretRecipes.com Green beans, coated with yummy breadcrumbs, fried till golden brown and served with creamy wasabi dipping sauce, hungry yet?
Wasabi Cucumber Ranch Dip
- 1⁄2 cup bottled ranch dressing (Hidden Valley is best)
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, minced
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon wasabi powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 4 cups vegetable broth or 4 cups chicken broth
- 6 -8 ounces fresh green beans
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs or 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- vegetable shortening, for frying or vegetable oil
- Combine dip ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Place in bowl; cover and chill till ready to use. Dip will thicken as it chills.
- Place beans in the broth.
- Bring to a boil and cook 15 minutes, then place in cold water to stop cooking process.
- Mix beaten egg with milk in a shallow bowl.
- Measure 1 cup of flour into another shallow bowl.
- Combine bread crumbs, 3/4 teaspoons salt, black pepper, onion powder and garlic powder into a third bowl.
- Take a handful of beans out of the water and shake off excess liquid.
- Coat the beans with the flour, shaking to remove excess flour.
- Dip the beans, one at a time, into egg/milk mixture, then dip in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place the beans on a plate until all are coated.
- Heat the shortening or oil to 350°F in a heavy skillet(or use deep fryer). Use enough to cover the beans, about 1 1/2 inches.
- Fry until golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- To serve, place on a large platter and serve with the wasabi cucumber ranch dip. Enjoy!