Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Taken from Good Food magazine. Posted for ZWT6.
- 200 g spinach leaves
- 175 g sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 eggs
- 0.5 (250 g) package phyllo pastry
- Put the spinach into a large pan.
- Pour over a couple tbsp water, then cook until just wilted. Tip into a sieve, leave to cool a little, then squeeze out any excess water and roughly chop. Roughly chop the tomatoes and put into a bowl along with the spinach, feta and eggs. Mix well.
- Carefully unroll the filo pastry. Cover with some damp sheets of kitchen paper to stop it drying out.
- Take a sheet of pastry and brush liberally with some of the sundried tomato oil.
- Drape oil-side down in a 22cm loosebottomed cake tin so that some of the pastry hangs over the side.
- Brush oil on another piece of pastry and place in the tin, just a little further round.
- Keep placing the pastry pieces in the tin until you have roughly three layers, then spoon over the filling.
- Pull the sides into the middle, scrunch up and make sure the filling is covered. Brush with a little more oil.
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4.
- Cook the pie for 30 mins until the pastry is crisp and golden brown. Remove from the cake tin, slice into wedges and serve with salad.