Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Land O' Lakes website.Made this for co-workers. They thought it was fantastic.
- 1 (18 ounce) crunchy corn and rice cereal (I used Kellog's Crispix)
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter (I used Land O' Lakes)
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup (used Karo)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat oven to 250 degreesF. Spray roasting pan with no-stick cooking spray. Place cereal in prepared pan.
- Combine brown sugar, butter and syrup in 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium-heat heat until mixture comes to a boil (8 to 9 minutes). Continue cooking, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Remove from heat. Add baking soda; mix well.
- Pour syrup mixture over cereal; toss gently until well coated. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, or until coating is set.
- Spread mixture onto waxed paper. Cool 10 minutes. Break apart. Store in container with tight fitting lid.