1/1 Photo of Crispy Ginger Slaw
I never thought that I like slaw until I went to a fish taco joint in San Diego, and they served a vinegar based slaw with their tacos. I've been hooked ever since. This recipe comes from a Junior League cookbook that I've had for years, and I still love it. If you're tired of mayo slaw, or you're just ready to try something new, this is the recipe for you. The dressing can (and should) be made ahead, but to keep the salad crispy, toss with the vegetables at the last minute. Prep time does not include chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups napa cabbage, shredded (or regular green cabage)
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup snow peas, slivered
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (optional)
- 1Make the dressing.
- 2Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate for several hours, or overnight.
- 3In a serving bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, and snow peas.
- 4Add dressing and toss to coat all of the vegetables.
- 5Top with cilantro (if using).
- 6Serve immediately!
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Ginger Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (79 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.2
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 718.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 2.3 g