1/9 Photos of Crispy Ginger Beef
If you like sweet, spicy, crispy Chinese food- this is for you. Adapted from a recipe I saw on "Fixing Dinner" with Sandi Richard.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb flank steaks or 1 lb sirloin steak, sliced into narrow strips
- 3/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger, minced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- canola oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1Place cornstarch in a large bowl.
- 2Add water gradually while whisking.
- 3Beat eggs into cornstarch mixture.
- 4Toss in beef and stir to coat.
- 5Pour 1 inch of oil into wok, heat until boiling hot, but not smoking.
- 6Add a quarter of the beef to the oil.
- 7Seperate with a fork and cook, stirring frequently, until crispy, Remove, drain on paper towel and set aside.
- 8Repeat until all the beef is cooked.
- 9Drain off all oil except for about 1 tablespoons and add carrots, onion, ginger, and garlic in that order.
- 10Stir fry briefly over high heat.
- 11Combine last 5 ingredients and add to vegetable mixture.
- 12Bring to a boil and then add beef.
- 13Heat thorough and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Ginger Beef
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 944.8
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 340.2 mg
- Sodium 1740.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 53.5 g
- Protein 58.9 g