Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great way to use the skins of potatoes if your peeling potatoes for another dish. This is so good. This recipe calls for oregano and is written this way however rosemary is excellent on it as well.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Lightly coat 2 baking sheets with Pam.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil with the garlic.
- Wash the potatoes well.
- With a paring knife, remove large strips of skin from the potatoes, approximately 2 inches long by about 1/8 inch thick.
- Use the rest of the potato for another recipe.
- Arrange the skins on the baking sheet white sides up.
- Brush with the garlic oil and sprinkle with the oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bake until golden and crisp around the edges about 18-20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
I used this recipe, well sort of, to use up some leftover boiled potatoes. I cut the potatoes and placed them on a baking sheet, then crushed them with my potato masher and sprinkled olive oil mixed with thyme, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper over top. Baked as directed, served with chopped green onions and sour cream. Delicious!!
Wow im impressed!Where did you get this recipe from?
oooh i was so excited to find a recipe with potato peels! i always feel guilty about wasting these too! all i can see is YUMMY! this will be made often! long live the potato!