Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (18 ounce) cooking sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2⁄3 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese or 2⁄3 cup asiago cheese
- hot cooked pasta or mashed potatoes, if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F Line cookie sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray. Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/2 inch thick. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- In shallow dish, mix butter, 3 tablespoons of the cooking sauce and the garlic powder. In another shallow dish, mix bread crumbs and cheese. Dip chicken into butter mixture, then dip into bread crumb mixture to coat. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F) and coating is golden brown. Meanwhile, heat remaining sauce until hot. Serve chicken with pasta and sauce. Sprinkle with additional cheese and basil.
- Garnishes, if desired: Additional shredded parmesan or asiago cheese and chopped fresh basil or parsley.