Prep 9 mins
Cook 26 mins
A delicious low fat potato dish which I found in the November 2005 issue of the 'Australian Good Taste' magazine, as an accompaniment to Italian Beef Rissoles With Fresh Tomato Salsa. I have posted both recipes for the post-ZWT Healthy for the Holidays Challenge.
- 1 1⁄2 kg baby potatoes, quartered
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon zest, finely grated
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed (to taste)
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Cook the potatoes in a large pan of salted boiling water for 6-7 minutes or until just tender, and drain well.
- Place the potatoes, oil, lemon zest, garlic, and salt and pepper, to taste, in a large roasting pan and gently toss to combine. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown and crisp, and serve with Italian Beef Rissoles With Fresh Tomato Salsa Recipe #145704.
Good idea. had to bump up the seasonings and cook for longer. Thanks, still very tasty!
Pretty bland (and I even added extra garlic). Maybe I did something wrong.
Really good potatoes! Just loved all that garlic flavor. The lemon was subtle and I may add a little of lemon juice as well next time just to boost that flavor a bit. Thanks for sharing this recipe!