Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Not sure where I got this recipe from, but it is the best I've ever tried.
FOR THE MARINADE
- 14 whole chicken wings
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
FOR THE COATING
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 cups peanut oil
- Remove the tips and cut wings into two sections. Place the sectioned wings into the marinate and let sit for 1/2 hour while preparing other ingredients.
- After 1/2 hour drain and place wings into a bowl. Add the egg, and mix so that the egg evenly coats the wings.
- Toss wings in the powder mixture until well coated. Leave them in the powder until they are ready to fry.
- Heat 2 cups of peanut oil on high in a wok.
- Fry wings until golden brown (about 5 minutes).
- For extra crispy skin fry the wings a second time for 2-3 minutes.