This recipe is a family favorite. Beaten egg whites make this batter thinner, everything comes out light and fluffy. This recipe needs to be prepared an hour before using.
- IN BOWL: Beat 2 egg yolks and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- ADD 3/4 cup lukewarm water and 1 tablespoon oil, mix.
- Gradually add 3/4 cup flour until smooth.
- Set aside for at least one hour.
- Just before using beat the egg whites to soft peaks and fold into the batter.
- Ready to use for battering.
- I find this recipe sufficient in preparing four to six servings.
- It depends of course on what you are battering and how hungry the family.