Recipe by Gerry
This recipe is a family favorite. Beaten egg whites make this batter thinner, everything comes out light and fluffy. This recipe needs to be prepared an hour before using.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this recipe on 4/11/09 for the " Spring PAC "event. Since my SO and I were having hot dogs,this batter was used to coat onion rings. I really enjoyed fact that there was no need for three seperate bowls to end up with a very delicate tasting coating. This recipe is even easy enough for a beginner cook. This " WILL " be made again. Thanks for posting and "Keep Smiling :)"
- 2 eggs, separated,whites set aside
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3⁄4 cup flour
Directions See How It's Made
- IN BOWL: Beat 2 egg yolks and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- ADD 3/4 cup lukewarm water and 1 tablespoon oil, mix.
- Gradually add 3/4 cup flour until smooth.
- Set aside for at least one hour.
- Just before using beat the egg whites to soft peaks and fold into the batter.
- Ready to use for battering.
- I find this recipe sufficient in preparing four to six servings.
- It depends of course on what you are battering and how hungry the family.